Sunday, December 28, 2008

sew, sew, sew

My old sewing maching died weeks ago (poor old feed dogs!) and Mom must have gotten tired of lugging her machine to my house and back so they got me a new one for Christmas! My first new machine! I am just giddy. They even got me the quarter inch foot attachment... sigh... I am so excited I don't even know what abandoned project to start with (or finish). These are a couple I have been working on the past few days.

The first project I had to work on was another taggie blanket.
Emma thought Macie's was so cool it just HAD to be hers - and
must have been Macie's by mistake. I can fix that! Two blankets!
I started this snowflake quilt when I was pregnant with Emma
and was never brave enough to machine quilt it myself. My
little Emma is pretty sure this is for her, too. Guess it is.

We seem to always be short on baby doll blankets, so
I gathered some of Mom's scraps and thought this was a
cute way to use them. I machine quilted this, too, with my
new darning foot... I am still giddy.
Many more projects to come... I am wishing nap time at this house was longer than an hour and a half once a day!

2 comments:

Wells Family said...

I love the taggies blanket! Too Cute!

Holli said...

i love it all and i love that your so crafty! :)