Saturday, May 15, 2010

Race Day

I have been casually running for a couple weeks now, usually just twice a week, but decided to enter a race today with a couple of friends. They had a kids fun run that Emma ran in ...okay, I mostly dragged her the entire .3 mile race. She wanted to race, just not to move her legs. She said she had a 'super race day' after. All the kids won a medal, and she was so proud!
She wasn't interested in sitting still for a post-Emma race picture, so this funny lady beside us got up and jumped and danced so she would smile. I think it scared Emma, but I got a kick out of it!
I think she just wanted to get back to the slides!
The race course was one big loop, so Fish (who was awesome enough to get up at 5:00 this morning to come with us) just snapped a couple at the finish line. Done! Yeah! I am okay with my time (28:15) for the amount of training I put in.
I also hoped for a nice post-Mom race picture with Emma, but she had other ideas for that as well.
All in all, we had a GREAT day! More races to come this summer I think!

2 comments:

Paxton said...

i think it is SO amazing and cool that you are racing! you are such an inspiration! i have ZERO motivation to go out and workout or run, but you look so darn cute in your pictures and like you were having a blast! i am so proud of you for going out there and just doing it!

i am hoping and praying that our camera will still turn up the last place i remember using it, at jordan's parents house. short of that i am hoping and praying it got packed away accidentaly and is in our storage unit and we will find it at the end of the summer :-( either way i am thankful to have a camera on my phone and a flip, but I SO miss being able to take pictures! and it was such a nice, cool, waterproof camera too :-(
oh well, such is life!

i also wanted to say how grateful i am that we are friends now. I look forward to reading your blog and looking at all the amazing things you make on your craft blog. And I am always so excited when you comment on mine! it totally makes my day!
thank you!

Nicole said...

Lila--you look amazing those are such cute pictures of you! i am also amazed at your racing! that's so awesome.